Call for Curators – Currents #9
Z33 and Marres are looking for a team of curators (minimum two persons) for the ninth edition of Currents, an annual group exhibition showcasing works by recently graduated artists from art academies in Belgium, Germany, and the southern Netherlands. The exhibition is the culmination of a broader support programme in which training, networking and professionalisation are central.
Z33 and Marres
Z33 and Marres are institutions for contemporary art in Belgium and the Netherlands. Together, they develop a platform for up-and-coming artists and curators to contribute to an international infrastructure for talent development. Over the past years, more than a hundred artists from 12 academies have exhibited their work, given presentations, and participated in workshops. In addition, almost twenty young international curators have boosted their careers by producing one of the Currents editions.
We are looking for curators who:
- enjoy working closely with young artists
- have a good feel for production work
- have a keen eye on logistics and planning
- have good writing skills
- Paying close attention to the mediation of the exhibition with a wider audience
- have the time in June and July 2021 to visit all the graduation shows in the Euroregion and/or check portfolios of recently graduated artists through an open call.
A fee and compensation for travel expenses are provided. In order to limit the costs for travel and lodging, we prefer candidates with a local address in the Netherlands or Belgium.
Please send your personal resumes and motivation letters as a team to email@example.com
Subject: curators Currents #9
Deadline: 25th of April 2021 23h49
We interview selected candidates on 11th of May in Hasselt or online.
Currents is on view in spring 2022.